Thursday, December 01, 2005

Take free cards against solid opponents

In analyzing some recent play, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not taking enough free cards on the turn. The situation is often something like this:

I attempt a steal from late position with something like KJo or A2s and bet a missed flop or draw, only to have my solid (non-peel and fold) opponent call. The turn gives no help or a draw and I fire another shell with the same result or a check raise. Ugh.

It's spots like this that often makes me grab for the barf bag and as my friend Tim reminded me, remember Sklansky: "Don't bet if a raise will make you throw up." That's well put and something that has slipped my mind in recent sessions. Take those free cards and keep the Pepto-Bismol in the cabinet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home