Sunday, September 10, 2006

Clutching The Junk

Was it just me or were the football games very boring today? I even lost interest in my Chiefs after Trent Green got crushed in the head as he was sliding to the ground. When Roaf retired, I figured we would lose Green, I just didn't think it would be THIS soon!

Bored with the games, I fired up the dirty whore and she got back to doing what she does best - busting my balls. Check out this big 3/6 LHE hand where it's gets capped 5 ways preflop. I flop a set of kings (84% equity) and this moron to my left who called a raise with 97s (and then had to put in 2 more small bets) hits a gutshot on the turn. I don't hit my redraw on the river and once again I lose to a donk. Very, very frustrating! I haven't scooped a big pot in weeks.

So, once again pissed-off at ring games, I fire up some SnG's. I get KK early and get it all-in preflop against AK and TT! The flop is nice but a T on the turn busts my balls.

I don't play that many hands early in tourney's and in ring games - I'm pretty much a nutpeddler unless I have a strong draw, but that doesn't stop mother variance from kicking the shit out of me. The long-term in poker is hundreds of thousands of hands if not millions. I'm not sure I'll ever get there the way it's going.

2 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

You'll get there...keep at it yo...

4:45 PM  
Blogger GrantMasterFlash said...

Sounds like good game selection.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home