Monday, February 20, 2006

My Biggest Pot (so far)

I decided to go to Harrah's Sunday and found my way to a NLHE table after a long wait. The table was actually fairly tight with action rarely going past the flop. Somebody would raise to $20 or $25 (blinds 2/5), get 1 or 2 callers and then take it down on the flop. This is exactly what happened when I was dealt AA, KK and QQ. Hey, at least I was getting some cards.

A couple new players joined the table after about 30 minutes and I finally found some marks. Donkey#1 would play any ace and donkey#2 would play any two suited. Then it happened, my biggest pot to date. Donk#1 limps UTG, I limp MP with AKo, 3 others limp along and we see a flop of AK5 rainbow. UTG bets $15, I just call, donk#2 calls and everybody else folds. At this point, donk#1 gives away his hand by saying to donk#2, "I have an ace but you probably have me outkicked." The turn is the most beautiful Ace I've ever seen and the cash register is ringing in my head, cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching!! UTG bets $15 again, I just call again and donk#2 folds. The river is a 9 for a board of AK5A9, no flush possible. UTG bets $15 again and I put on an acting job, squinting my eyes and acting a little disgusted (I WAS disgusted that he didn't bet more!!). So, I raise $50 and he immediately says, "another $50" and I can't push all my chips in the pot quick enough!! He calls and shows A2 (lol) as I wrap my arms around a $500 pot and pull it forward!

Now, this post would not be totally complete without showcasing donk#2's donkiness. He limps EP, another limps and then a shortstack goes all-in for $73. Donk#2 immediately calls with...........26s, lol. Very next hand I limp UTG with AKo and he goes all-in for $45, it folds back to me and I call. This time he has K6s and HGHN. It was a very nice session!

3 Comments:

Blogger ------- said...

Nice work!

- davebreal

6:05 PM  
Blogger GrantMasterFlash said...

I don't like the AK limp.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Poker4peace said...

Well Done!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home